BIRDS OF SURINAME
Sponsored by Wild Birds Country Store of Great Barrington, MA
Home to some of the world’s most incredible neotropical bird species, Suriname remains relatively unknown to birders, but is a place worth discovering. Whether you’re looking to spot the famous Guinian Cock-of-the-rock dancing like orange flames in the green rainforest, the striking Red-fan Parrot visiting flowers and fruit trees, or the rare White-throated Pewee in the hilltops, Suriname has something for every bird watcher.
A customized birding adventure is waiting for you
- Visit the best bird watching sites across Suriname’s national parks, nature reserves, coastal areas, and savannas
- See birds that dwell in unique and fragile habitats and migrate from the most remote parts of the world, as well as species that have disappeared in other countries, yet flourish in Suriname’s unexplored corners, including:
Caica and Red-fan Parrot
Birds of Suriname is intended for travelers who are looking to appreciate the flowing rivers, teaming waterfalls, and lush vegetation of this unique country, while learning about it’s diverse avifauna. Please contact us at email@example.com to customize your tour and make a reservation. The tour itinerary (length, dates, and activities) will be customized be based on your personal interests and availability.
- 9- to 12-night stay (lodgings may include a 4-star hotel in Paramaribo, a hotel & casino in Paramaribo, an eco and cultural resort in the rainforest, and a nature resort in the rainforest )
- 7 to 10 days of excursions
- Transportation and fees for planned activities
- Airport shuttle (air travel not included)
- Arrive at L.A. Pengel International Airport, Paramaribo, Suriname
- Eden Suriname representative provides shuttle from airport to hotel
- Tour length and activities to be determined based on traveler's availability and interests
- Eden Suriname representative provides shuttle from hotel to airport
- Depart J. A. Pengel International Airport, Paramaribo, Suriname
*Subject to change based on local conditions and group needs. Review our TERMS OF SERVICE.
Total cost be determined based on customized itinerary
A reservation is held with a $250 deposit per traveler. To complete the booking, the balance per traveler is due 30 days before the tour begins.